Saturday, November 8, 2008

First Snow!

Well it is official, we have witnessed our first blizzard! I have never seen the wind blow so much!! Nor have I ever heard of a major highway being closed from one side of the state to the other!!! Well not until this week! They shut down the base, which didn't reopen until this morning! We are now so glad that we bought house, and live off base now. And there are still some on base that can't leave their driveway! I hope you like the slide shows. The boys love it. Anthony ran out of the house at 7am and we finially got him in around 12pm, for lunch, we then left for Target to get them some proper snow gear! And when we got back, he was out until 6pm. Only because it was too dark! And he was back out there this morning. He is definately a kid that likes the snow!! I on the other hand am missing the 80 degrees in Texas! And I am terrified to drive, I don't think I thought this whole thing through when we moved here!! Michael didn't even have to go to work on Thursday or Friday!!! It is going to take me a while to acclimate myself to this weather. So anyway if you think you want to leave the warm Texas sun behind, trust me this snow isn't all that it is cracked up to be!!

5 comments:

Kimmy-Kins said...

Ohhhhhh my gosh!! You have officially scared me!! Have you dealt with a lot of wind since you've been there?!! UGH! I don't know if I can do this ... as if I have a choice! Kim

salty c-snake said...

wow-that looks fun (if you don't have to live there!!) what a winter wonderland!!

sew happy Stacy said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! what a fun way to start your winter out!!! We don't get drifts like that here in Boise. It makes me sad. if it has to be cold I want the snow, too!!!!

Mary Peterson said...

Wasn't that blizzard fun? Ha! Ha!
I'm so glad that you found my blog. Thanks for sharing yours.

Laurie said...

Wow, what an adventure.. It looks like fun

Tubin' in the Mountains

Loving the snow

Our First Blizzard!

Photos from Trip!

More from the trip