Saturday, January 17, 2009

January Dumps

So here it is the middle of January and whether it is just because January is known for being the most depressing month of the year, or maybe because it has almost been five years, (on the 31st of January) since my mom passed away (and her birthday would have been last Monday). I am just struggling to get out of this slump that I am in. Right now the only friend I have is chocolate. Not really but it is the only thing right now that makes me feel better. Execpt when I put real clothes on, something besides my pj's and sweatshirt. I feel like I am just going through the motions. Michael and I have made a new years resolution to become 'financially' secure. We watch Suze Orman every week. So we are tightening up the belts and really looking at our bills and finances. We decided to cancel our next cruise. (that was very hard!!!) So here we are getting our bills paid off and last Friday out fridge goes out. So it was off to Sears, (well Michael was I took the boys to their basketball games) and he bought a new fridge, and even though it was a really good deal, just one more bill, then our beloved van is showing its age. It almost has 100,000 miles, and there is a leak, among other things, I just don't know how much longer it has. So fast as we can get the bills paid off, I can see more mounting just around the corner. Have I ever mentioned how much I hate new years resolutions!! Which is why I make a point, most years, never to make any. Then to top it off, the one thing that I know helps me to feel better, I haven't been able to do. I love going to the gym, I go every day for about 90 minutes, two weeks ago I hurt my foot, and I haven't been able to put much weight on it. I know I should go to the Dr. but I hate going there! I didn't mean to make this post a pity post, but it has just been one of those months. SOOO soon this month will pass and hopefully so will these feelings. Thanks to all those who listen

3 comments:

Amy Tree said...

maybe you will get a new job, that might help your slump =)

Kimmy-Kins said...

Wish we were there so we could for for a girl's day out!! Hopefully within the next year!

Becky said...

Hey sweetie - you will get through this, I promise. I was telling Ryan just the other day (as I bawled) how much I missed my dad. He passed away last year just before Christmas, and it's been over 5 years since mom died. It's strange - I have a VERY loving husband and children, but it's hard sometimes to sit back and know that I am an orphan. I feel ya! Things will get better. Just take it one day at a time!

Tubin' in the Mountains

Loving the snow

Our First Blizzard!

Photos from Trip!

More from the trip