Well I don't know if any of you will believe this, I am sure that I am still in unbelief. Michael actually got orders!! I am so excited, we are going to Ellsworth AFB, in Rapid City, South Dakota. Now before any of you start thinking that ewww is that a good thing, yes it is a great thing. We are so excited about moving. Although this now means that Michael will be deployed, which I am not looking forward to, it also means that we can move closer to family, and to the north!!!! Ellsworth has new homes on the base, and they are so much bigger than the ones here. We now actually have a good chance of having a white Christmas, that the boys have been dreaming about, for the last 5 years!!! Also no more yukky roaches, which the houses here are infesteed with! It is disgusting!
At school today all the teachers and staff were telling me to 'at least try to look sad'. It is bittersweet, I have loved it here, but it is time to move. Maybe it is just the air force bug in me, saying it is time to move. Though I hope that now with this move I will feel a little closer to home.
It has also been a sad day, our kitty who we have had since we have lived here had to be put to sleep today. Though I don't think that she would of lasted through today. It was so weird one day she was fine, and the next she couldn't walk, wouldn't eat, I don't know, I was talking to my dad and he seems to think that it might have been a stroke. Even though I am not a cat person, or a dog person, I did get attached, and so it was a hard day, I am so grateful for Michael, he got off work and took her in. I wouldn't have been able to hold it together. I was surprised how hard Zack took it. I thought Anthony would of been struggling with this. He was always petting her and she always slept on his bed. But he is already looking forward to getting another cat. I really don't know if that is going to happen. I will approach that topic when we get to Ellsworth.
We are going to finish the school year here, and move sometime in July or August. Maybe we will make it a even six years here, and move in August, but I doubt we will be here then!
So thanks for sharing in my news, I am thrilled! I will talk to ya'll in a week
Fairytale Signs
10 years ago





















1 comment:
Congrats on the orders!! I know they have been a VERY long time in coming. I am a little jealous that you will be in the north, but I do like the nice green in Georgia. We will be here forever. :) I am happy you'll be a bit closer to family. Keep checking in on my blog!
Becky
Post a Comment