Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Playground fights

Okay I did something that I never planned on doing, I butted in on a playground squabble. Yes it involved my kids and about 5 others most of them being girls. I hate name-calling, (especially when it is directed at my kids). So I walked over there and layed into all of them. One of the girls turned and started walking away from me, and I layed into her. Then I recognized the girl from Anthony's class. Oh crap! I walked away and I know they were talking about me, so you would think I would just walk away, oh no I can't leave well enough alone, so I turn around and stand in the middle of the play-area, while they continued to play, no more name calling though. That is one thing I have noticed here, is the lack of respect the kids have for anyone, from there class-mates to adults. I don't knwo how I would do working at the schools here. One day I was walking through the halls and there was a kindergartner calling another kid an idiot! Last year when I worked at the school I never heard that kind of languege that is so prevolent here. Seriously I have considered home-schooling! Anyway I needed to get that off my chest! I am so upset at the whole situation. Wish me better luck next time.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Good for you.. There is a limit and I think you did what was best. Sad we missed you when you were here. Love ya

Mary said...

I agree!! The lack of disrespect is out of control these days. And the language is terrible. John actually ask me to be home schooled because he does not like being in the atmosphere that is in the schools. It is really sad what this world is coming to.

Tubin' in the Mountains

Loving the snow

Our First Blizzard!

Photos from Trip!

More from the trip